Over the past number of years, in referencing the villa rental market range throughout Europe, Greece is the one country where owners have been able to maintain a healthy rental rate or even increase their rate due to demand in high season. The Island of Mykonos has long been known as a worldwide travel destination that attracts not only the international jet set crowd but also has a large number of long-time residents on the island that appreciate it’s more relaxed pace of life.
According to historical sources and archaeological finds on Mykonos, the ancient city of the island was established in the 11th century B.C. by the Ionians, one of the four major Greek tribes of Ancient Greece.
Mykonos (Mikonos) is a Greek island and part of the Cyclades lying between Tinos, Syros, Paros and Naxos. The island spans an area of 85.5 square kilometres (33.0 sq. mi) and rises to an elevation of 341 metres (1,119 feet) at its highest point. There are 10,134 inhabitants (2011 census), most of whom live in the largest town, Mykonos, which lies on the west coast.
Those inhabitants include the owners of Villa Hurmuses who have created a remarkable home that is currently listed on the market and is conveniently located within easy walking distance of the charming Mykonos Town and a picturesque beach.
The villa is open to breathtaking, panoramic views of the locations Mykonos has become famous for – its sunset, its harbor windmills and its beautiful, traditional whitewashed main village.
Villa Hurmuses is a prime example of fine Myconian whitewashed architecture, decorated with handmade furniture and elegant Greek details in its design. The outdoor spaces are awash in colorful bougainvillea flowers and lush plants offering a secluded getaway feeling to your experience as you holiday on one of the most famous getaway islands in the world.
The villa offers five-star hospitality and this luxurious property can accommodate up to 10 people in five separate bedroom areas.
Here you can sunbathe by the private pool, indulge your body with a soothing massage under a pergola, or sip cocktails while gazing at the beauty of the island’s famous sunset.
Tucked in a serene corner near Mykonos Town, Villa Hurmuses offers the details the discerning traveler seeks including award-winning architecture, design, atmosphere and service. The care, thought and attention consistently given to the villa is one reason it has been rated as one of the top 20 Great Villas on the Greek islands by Conde Nast Traveller.
Here are just a few more highlights of this exceptional property:
- Unobstructed views of the sea and town and the sunset.
- The villa has been totally renovated and is continually brought up to high standards in all areas of the since the purchase of the property in 2001.
- Produces significant rental income yearly seasonal rental from May to October.
- There are 6 Bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet plus 5 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms in the Main house plus one bedroom, sitting room and bathroom in the guest house located at the end of the pool (currently used by the live in staff).
- 40 kV generator added to the property in 2008 and well maintained. Yearly maintenance is done on the generator and now that the island gets its electricity from the mainland, the cost of electricity has drop significantly and the use of the generator is far less often.
- Listed as one of the Top 20 Villas in Greece by Conde Nast Traveler.
- 2015 Winner Top Pool Villa in Europe Awarded by the Luxury Hotel Awards.
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- The property is 100 percent legal, with no mortgage and conforms to all Greek laws.
Over the past number of years, in referencing the villa rental market range throughout Europe, Greece is the one country where owners have been able to maintain a healthy rental rate or even increase their rate due to demand in high season.
Greece continues to have a very strong tourism sector and Mykonos is one of the top two islands for tourism dollars generating strong yearly revenues for the country.
2018 was another record breaking year for visitors to Greece, with 30 million tourists visiting the country which is also up from the 27 million that came in 2016. 2019 is looking to surpass those numbers to about 33 million.
Mykonos passed Monaco as the highest room rates in Europe from 507 euros per night in 2015 and this has increased steadily since then. At the peak of last year’s tourist season in July, the average booking cost for a twin room in Mykonos was 705 euros per night.
2018 revenue dollars generated by Mykonos was another record year with several new high end restaurants - Buddha Bar, Scorpios, and LingLing by Hakasan which have all been remarkably successful since opening.
Legal and Facts
- The villa was built in 1988 with the area of the house being approximately 239
square meters and sits on a plot of 2000 sq. of land.
- Villa Hurmuses is fully registered with the Hellenic Tourism Organisation ΜΗΤΕ 1173 Κ 92000959401 AMA# 00000162593 which proves Greek legality of all buildings, structures, and it’s compliance to the environment, as well as the permit to rent or sell the property.
- Villa Hurmuses has a very healthy rental income from the beginning of May through to the end of September and this has well been established since inception in 2002. Full details of this can be provided.
- The property will only be free for transfer after the last renter has left and that is usually end of September of each passing year.
- The Villa has two trusted and very capable full time staff who has agreed to work under the new ownership. They have been with us and taken care of the villa since 2002 and are responsible for the year round maintenance and services of the villa.
- 90% of the reviews on all villa websites such as TripAdvisor, etc., focus on the staff and their outstanding ability to take care of the guests and make them feel welcome.
- Greek law allows you to apply for a Greek residency permit as the owner property in Greece.
You’ll find Mykonos has a typical Mediterranean climate where the sun shines for up to 300 days a year.
Mykonos Airport is located 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) southeast of the town of Mykonos and it is served by international flights during summer. The flight from Athens to Mykonos takes 25 minutes. A new airport has been built in 2019 to handle up to 122 flights a day in and out of Mykonos during the summer months, with a new wing for VIP’s and their private jets.
Mykonos is also accessible by boat and ferries. High speed vessels visit daily from the surrounding islands and from Athens.
Taxis, buses or boats are available for transportation. There are three main bus depots in Mykonos. Small boats travel to and from the many beaches.
Please take a moment to find out more about this stunning property through the Villa Hurmuses website:
For more on details and price, please contact Hanane Dawson: firstname.lastname@example.org